Wednesday, July 8, 2009

life as a caregiver

So far today is a good day. First I realized that oops, I forgot to change his pain patch last night. My husband of almost 8 years had a stroke 4 1/2 years ago. He is 51 and I am 45. He has regained about all that is expected of him at this point. He walks with a wide base quad cane and uses a wheel chair when out in public. He can only walk short distances, walks very slow, and has problems with his balance. I think one of the worst ails from the stroke is the central pain that is so hard to control. I found an article in the new Stroke Connection magazine that describes the pain almost perfectly. His pain is difficult to treat and difficult to describe. When I read the article I began to cry. Finally, a good description of what he trys so hard to describe.

No comments:

Post a Comment